My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://yournewblog.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday 21 October 2009

Bloggers are not media!

An important tip to make bloggers write about you

For many people plugged in to social media, the headline of this blog post is quite obvious. But for many just getting their feet wet in social media, it may well not be.

Simply put, if you want bloggers to write about you, don't send them your press release! It's a common mistake many traditional PR agencies seem to make when they expand their press lists with blogger names.

Read full article here: "Bloggers are not media!"



Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

  1. Michiel, Helpful advice. As a former PR agency executive now a full-time mommy blogger I do agree with this on principle, because I only write about products + services I am passionate about. And, of course, that I have tested (via either my own family or a close friend). I do find news releases helpful if there is something there that I have use for now (or something I might file now, but use later). So PR agencies and companies should do their homework before sending product/services to any blogger for review to be sure it is in the best interests of both.

    You will definitely be interested in this post on my own blog Should Every Brand Be Using Twitter + Facebook? mommyblogexpert.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete